PONY BASEBALL PROGRAM FAQ
Why did the cost of PAL baseball increase?
- The cost of running a youth sports league is very expensive. PAL baseball pays for uniforms, umpires, insurance, equipment, baseballs etc. If you know anybody who would like to donate or sponsor a team to help offset the registration costs, please contact the PAL office at 408-272-9725
Can I fax in the 3 page Code of Ethics and Parental Consent forms?
- Yes. The PAL fax number is 408-272-9733.
Do I need to live in San Jose in order to play Pony Baseball? What are the boundaries?
- If you live in Santa Clara County, you can play baseball at PAL.
How old does my child need to be in order to participate in the PAL Pony baseball program?
- Your child must have a date of birth after 04/30/2014 to play PAL Pony Baseball.
What is the cost to play Pony baseball? What does this fee include?
- The Pony baseball registration fees vary, depending on the age of the player and program year. See Registration Information. The fee includes a cap, jersey, insurance, and a basic picture package.
When and where will tryouts be held?
- 1/20/2018 or 1/27/2018- Tryouts for Pinto, Mustang, Bronco Division
- Shetland Division team are assigned 2/13/2018
When does the PAL baseball season start?
When are the games played?
- Teams usually play one game during the week and one game during the weekend.
How long does the season last?
- Depending in what division your child is in, the season usually ends the last week of May or the begining of June.
When and where do the teams practice?
- It is up to the Manager to decide practice times.
- The practice fields are as follows:
- Backesto Park
- Bernal Park
- Hillview Park
- Olinder Park
- Roosevelt Park
Additional parks may be added depending on the number of teams.